Posts Tagged ‘Dream Homes’
I have begun to write an e-book on Accounting for real estate. The idea is to create a sort of ‘video pop-up’ book. What this means is that for example I will write up a section on a certain aspect of accounting for real estate – such as planning your purchase.
- The e-book will of course contain screen shots of tables in excel and QuickBooks and other programs where appropriate and then those screen shots will be linked to video tutorials that will play on the web.
- These video tutorials will walk you through how to do what is being described in the book. So you will REALLY LEARN not just how to understand the accounting, but how to use this knowledge in a practical application.
Tomorrow I will be finishing the About section and beginning the first chapter. This first chapter will take a look at how to get into a home like the one shown on this page. Each week on this blog I plan on posting the image of another “Dream Home” from one of my favorite websites www.dreamhomes.us. I go to this site for inspiration on a regular basis. The only thing stopping us from getting into a home like this is thinking we can’t get into a home like this.
My first chapter will show you how to go through the numbers to figure out what your payment will be on a $5,000,000 home.
- I will walk you through understanding all of the dynamics of purchasing a home –
- The accounting for your purchase
- What happened to a lot of people who bought homes and lost them in the real estate crash.
- What did the lending industry do wrong accounting-wise?
- Where did the lenders go wrong on the accounting, and where did the home buyers go wrong?
- I’ll share a personal story about how an unscrupulous mortgage broker tried to get me out of a really good loan situation on my own home and into a disaster that would have cost me my home had I listened to her. How I knew better than to sign her loan docs.
In the final part of my first chapter I will side track a bit into what kind of income one would need to be earning to realistically afford something like this. So hopefully my readers can set their sights high. The reason people who make it big do is because they think big. Really big! Why can’t you? Don’t worry about how, just worry about thinking “I can. It’s possible.” Just don’t rule it out.
HEY CHECK THIS OUT!.. If you sign up for our video club I will send you the e-book for free when it is finished – expected date of release is 1/1/2010. The video club membership gets you a monthly e-mail with a catalogue containing links to every video tutorial we put out there including all of the full length video tutorials in our main site’s learning center.